What We Stand For
Business & Professional Women of Nevada County (BPW-NC) was founded in 1932 as an independently incorporated local chapter of the national organization, Business & Professional Women/USA. We are now an independent group affiliated with the national Business & Professional Women’s Foundation.
BPW knows the issues that concern working women, and we advocate for these issues locally, statewide, and nationwide:
• Support and preserve Affirmative Action laws.
• Eliminate all forms of discrimination.
• Support reproductive freedom, including choice and access to family planning, as an absolute right for all women.
• Secure equality in all areas of employment and education, enforce pay equity and implement comparable worth.
• Pursue equitable family laws, assist the victims of and prevent all forms of violence, assault, and abuse, including sexual harassment.
• Pursue research and solutions to health and housing issues and ensure the availability of affordable, quality-dependent care.
Diversity & Unity of Purpose
Business & Professional Women of Nevada County is an organization open to women and men of every age, religion, race, political affiliation, and socioeconomic background.
We are dedicated to improving the professional, personal, economic, and educational outlook of women. Our members actively seek:
• to gain political and economic equity for women
• to promote legislation that benefits all women
• to participate in programs that address women’s concerns
• to benefit from personal and professional development
• to support women as business, community, & elected leaders
• to support women’s reproductive rights
Membership is open to any individual who supports our goals and legislation platforms.
BPW needs you and you need BPW. We believe professionalism is an attitude that
anyone can bring to their job, regardless of classification or salary level.